Heavy duty shipping sacks made of plastic film are inexpensive, robust and offer proven solutions to shipping requirements. Although the sacks are mass products, they meet the highest technical requirements. They must be able to safely withstand the forces they are exposed to and meet numerous quality criteria:
- High stiffness and excellent sealing characteristics
- Dimensional stability even at higher temperatures
- High puncture resistance
- Low tear propagation
- High resistance to all stresses during filling, stacking, transport, storage and even rough handling under local conditions
The market for Form-Fill-Seal (FFS) packaging is primarily driven by productivity and efficiency. Hosokawa Alpine's heavy duty shipping sack lines are customized for the formulations and dimensions required to produce heavy duty shipping sacks. This dedicated concept combines
- very high output rates with
- excellent thickness tolerance and
- high reel quality.
The films are further processed on FFS lines designed to produce heavy duty shipping sacks. To this end, the film is fed from a reel as a side gusseted tube. The film tube can either be made directly on the blown film line or be produced by means of a longitudinal welding process from single sheet film made on the blown film line.
We are the experts:
- More than 25 years of experience in project planning and production of heavy-duty shipping sack lines
- More than 100 Hosokawa Alpine heavy-duty shipping sack systems are in use worldwide